The PharmacyWire WordPress plugin is now available for use by all PharmacyWire clients and their affiliates. The first general release version is V1.1.1, and all documentation for the plugin can be found online.
The following features are included in our initial release:
- Full catalog download and synchronization with your PharmacyWire service
- Integrated account creation over XML with your backend pharmacy installation
- Full shopping cart service and credit card processing
- Automatic email notifications to patients on sign up
- Automatic linking of ‘Buy’ pages to drug information pages
- Embedded short codes that allow site developers to integrate product information on generic pages. Embedded information can include related products by ingredient, specific product ‘Buy’ links, and product search results
- Patients are able to edit their own customer profile at any time
- Allow logged in patients to refill outstanding prescriptions
- Built-in reporting tools using our XML Report engine (from dynamic reports created by Pharmacy administrators)
The PharmacyWire WordPress plugin is ideal for pharmacies who would like rapid changes to be easily done on all their websites and/or affiliate websites by any website developer familiar with the WordPress engine. WordPress provides a great deal of flexibility for content publishers, and by providing an all-in-one plugin to integrate with PharmacyWire, pharmacies are able to rapidly leverage new sites and integrate them with the sophisticated PharmacyWire fulfilment system.
For more information on how to integrate your WordPress site with PharmacyWire, please contact Metrex.